Thursday, July 15, 2010

Docker River to Yulara.

There were dingos howling during the night just after I got up for a drink of water. We stopped at Lasseters cave which was a good choice for a home. We drove next to the Olgas which we could see from 30km away, MASSIVE. We walked around one of them and it was a very hard long walk that gave us aching muscles but it paid off for all the scenery. We drove to Uluru that we could almost instently see. We drove closer and closer and I was flabbergasted at how big it was. We were hoping to climb it but weren't sure if we were allowed so mum zoomed in with her camera and we saw people climbing, YAY. There was no fee and we got strait on to it, I was freaking out because it is so steep and big. After an hour we reached the top and went another hour down. The view was amazing, the amount of foreigners was also amazing. I got my feet firm on the ground and felt proud of what I had achieved.

We drove to Yulara where we were going to camp but decided to get a $150 cabbin but they were booked out. We went up to a five star hotel, Jordan and I hit the jackpot. It was so nice and we were finaly going to have our two night stay. We ordered room service andwent to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was a camping trip??? 5 star!!!! You guys are softies!!! Glad you are having a great trip. Wel done on your climbing achievements Jack!! You feel good after it don't you. Keep enjoying your trip and appreciating our wonderful country. We can't wait to see you all again xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete